Trade licenses are documents or certificates required to start a trade or business in a certain location or area. Trade licenses cannot be used for any other work or business. The concerned state or government requires a Trade license registration for any business registered within a state, corporation, or municipality. Applicants who wish to obtain a Telangana trade license must first understand the applicable laws and the jurisdiction under which they are operating their business.
As soon as the business is started, the trade registration in Telangana must be obtained within 30 days. After the relevant documents are submitted, the license is issued within 7 to 15 days. Most states grant or renew applications through their commissioners.
In Telangana, who is eligible to register for a Trad License?
- There should be no criminal record on the applicant.
- Legally permissible business types are required.
- Applicants over 18 years of age are eligible to apply.
Is there any documentation required for obtaining a trade license in Telangana?
An applicant can apply online for a trade license by submitting the following documents to the concerned municipal authorities:
- A completed application in the prescribed format
- Applicants must submit their PAN card along with their incorporation certificate if they are a firm or an LLP.
- An Aadhar is required if the applicant is an individual
- A copy of the latest municipality property tax receipts
- Documents pertaining to the lease or consent letters from the property owner
- Certificate of no objection from the immediate neighbor
- An official plan of the business layout in the trade building
- Extractions from the Katha
- Certificate of Katha
- A certificate of occupancy.
In Telangana, who issues trade licenses?
In Telangana, trade licenses are issued by various departments of the municipal corporation, such as industry, engineering, health, etc. Local government agencies are responsible for granting licenses in each state.
A person who is registered must follow various provisions, rules, and regulations if they are also not complying with the registration requirement of the trade license. Before beginning any trade activity, a license must be obtained. Defaulters are also subject to legal action.
Click here to know more about trade license renewal.