Recently, the Government of India launched the Udyog Aadhaar Registration (UAM) process in order to support small businesses in the country. Udyog Aadhaar Registration has now been transferred to Udyam Registration. Micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs) must apply for Udyam registration in order to be eligible for government subsidies.
You had to do a ton of paperwork if you wanted to start a business and get SSI or MSME registration before. Entrepreneur Memorandum-I and Entrepreneur Memorandum-II were both required (EM-II). MSME or SSI registration has been made easier with Udyog Aadhar Registration. Those who signed up for Udyog Aadhar became eligible for a variety of government programs, including subsidies and quicker loan approvals.
Some features of Udyog Aadhar
- Online registration on one page
- One Aadhar number can be used for more than one Udyog Aadhar
- No charge for registration
The advantages of MSME Udyam registration
Registering your company with Udyam Registration has several advantages. The following are the advantages of registering with the MSME Udyam Registration Portal.
- The applicants will be eligible for all government programs after registering their MSME, including an easy loan, a loan without a guarantee, and loans with subsidized interest rates, among others.
- The applicant will receive financial assistance in order to exhibit their products at international trade shows.
- Additionally, the applicant will be eligible for government assistance.
- By registering the company, it would be easier to open current bank accounts in its name.
- Small businesses would also be able to apply for government micro-loans and other similar programs.
Udyam Registration for MSME / Udyog Aadhar Registration
Registration for Udyog Aadhaar is free. Two options are available for registering for Udyog Aadhaar:
Aadhaar number registration
Aadhar number not required for registration
Aadhar Number Registration
- Click on the registration section of the Udyam Registration Portal.
- You will need to enter your Aadhaar number and name on the page.
- Click on the ‘Validate & Generate OTP’ button to begin the registration process. Enter the OTP sent to the mobile number associated with your Aadhaar.
- You will be directed to a new page with a form on which you must input your 12-digit Aadhaar number and the business owner’s name msme registration india
- The applicant’s social category should be selected. If the applicant falls under the SC, ST, or OBC categories, proof of eligibility may be required.
- Gender of the applicant can be selected.
- The name of the company through which the transaction will be completed.
- On the website, you can choose the type of organization you want.
- PAN numbers must be entered in the designated field.
- A single registration can include one or more plant sites.
- The business’s complete postal address should be provided.
- You can enter the start date of the company in the appropriate field.
- Please provide any information relating to previous registrations.
- Business bank account information must be provided.
- The applicant must select a National Industry Classification Code (NIC Code) that corresponds to the business’s activity.
- The company should state the number of employees.
- The details of the plant and machinery investments should be disclosed.
- Based on the location of the business, the DIC must be located.
- Check everything for any possible errors before clicking the ‘Submit’ option at the bottom after completing the form.
- During the registration process, an OTP will be generated and sent to the email address entered.
- Click ‘Submit’ to submit your application after entering the OTP and Captcha code.
- Registration without using Aadhar Number
The applicant must follow the process outlined below if he or she is not enrolled in Aadhaar.
Enroll in Aadhaar if you qualify under Section 3 of the Aadhaar Act.
A DIC or MSME-DI involved in the UAM registration process must provide the following documents:
Please attach a copy of the Aadhaar enrolment request or an Aadhaar Enrolment ID slip
If any other document is required with the registration, then it should also be attached: voter identification card, passport, bank passbook, driver’s license PAN card, and a photograph.
Udyog Aadhar Details Can Be Edited
Udyog Aadhar is an important step towards taking advantage of the Central Government’s Schemes. Occasionally, filling out the details can lead to errors that need to be corrected.
It is easy to correct the details on your Udyog Adhar if they are incorrect for any reason.
Recently, MSME launched a provision that allows the applicant to edit the details on their Aadhar card for business.
Visit Entrepreneur’s login page.
Fill in the Aadhar Number you want to edit, The OTP you choose from Aadhar Linked Mobile, Aadhar Filed in the application or the registered e-mail address.
Change the details you wish to edit by entering the captcha.
Questions and Answers
- Can Udyog Aadhar be obtained before starting a business?
Manufacturers and service providers can apply for Udyog Aadhaar
- Do Udyog Aadhars have any validity?
There is no expiration date for the Udyog Aadhar. Businesses can use it until they close.
- How often does the Udyog Aadhar have to be renewed?
Udyog Aadhar has no validity date. There are no renewal requirements.
- Was EM-I/II replaced by UAM?
Definitely. The filing of UAM on the portal has replaced the filing of EM-I/II by States/UTs, and in place of EM-I/II, states/UTs are encouraged to file UAM.
- What is the deadline for registering with UAM?
UAM is applicable to existing Udyog Aadhaar (UA) units. No application is required for upcoming units.
- shop and establishment license