KMC Trade Licenses are documents or certificates that authorize the applicant to operate a particular trade or business in a certain location or area. Trade licenses are issued only for specific purposes. In addition to the purpose for which it was applied for, the license cannot be used for any other purpose.
What is the purpose of the KMC Trade License?
The State Government regulates KMC Trade Licenses in India through Municipal Corporations. The purpose of obtaining a trade license is to ensure that no one is negatively affected by nuisance or health hazards associated with any type of trade or business. By obtaining a trade license, you can ensure that the trade practices in an area are ethical.
Various trade undertakings in India are regulated by the government. By issuing trade licenses, the central goal is to restrict individuals from conducting certain types of businesses from their homes.
What is the process for issuing a KMC Trade license?
Different departments within the municipal corporation of the state issue licenses, such as an industries department, an engineering department, a health department, a school district, an automobile department, etc. States are authorized by the Government of India to regularize Trade Licenses. Certificate issued as a trade license online. apply.
General Requirements for obtaining new CE
- Filling out the business application form.
- Self-declaration duly signed and stamped.
- For tenants, a rental/lease agreement or rent receipt is required, while for owned properties, a property tax receipt is required.
- You will also need a copy of the lease agreement/rent receipt, an electricity bill, a property tax receipt, as well as a consent letter.
- You must provide a self-attested copy of your Adhar, PAN, EPIC, etc., and one valid mobile number if you are a proprietor/partner/director/karta, etc.
- In the case of a partnership firm, a partnership deed is required.
- Along with the application, companies (public or private) need to provide the following documents:
- Articles of Association and Memorandum;
- Form 32, Declaration;
- The Form 18;
- Occupancy Certificate
How to obtain a new Certificate of Entitlement? Manual/Offline Application:
- Forms can be obtained from municipal corporations
- Attach all required documents to the application form
- Make sure you are eligible before applying
- Forms and required documents should be submitted to the appropriate authority
- The authorized in-charge will check your form and verify your documents
- A form will be sent to the HOD for approval by the officer-in-charge for further processing.
- After verifying the business location and documentation, the applicant will be asked to pay.
- Upon payment of specified fees, the department will issue the applicant a Certificate of Enlistment.
- You need to visit the website in order to fill out an online application.
- You will need to register online for New CE by selecting the online application form.
- A new screen will appear.
- Sign up by clicking “Sign Up” and entering your details to create a User ID and password
- Click on “submit” at the bottom of the screen once you have filled in all the required information and attached all the required documents.
- Upon verification of all the details provided by the applicant, the department will issue the certificate of eligibility.
Time for processing:
Generally, a trade license/CE application in Kolkata is processed within 30 days.
According to the Schedule of Rates/Fees/Charges of the Licence Department, trade license/CE fees will vary based on the type of license/CE applied for. For offline applications for trade licenses, a department visit is required.
- Why Should You Get a Trade License?