RCMCs are essential documents for any exporter wishing to export from India. Click here for more information!
What Does A Registration Cum Membership Certificate (RCMC) Mean?
Registration Cum Membership Certificate is short for Registration Cum Membership Certificate. The government of India issues RCMCs to qualified individuals. Anyone seeking a job in India must possess an Indian passport.
Traders, business people, and industrialists are issued a registration-cum-membership certificate. The certificate is proof of a company’s registration and membership in a chamber of commerce. Holders of the document are entitled to a variety of benefits, such as better access to government programs and subsidies, permission to export and import goods, and more.
Who Must Have RCMC?
- Importers or exporters seeking benefits under foreign trade policy, such as duty drawbacks or duty credit schemes.
- Spices Board CRESs are considered to be RCMCs, and they cannot be shared with any other Export Promotion Councils (EPCs).
A company must submit an application to the EPC to become a member of the export promotion council. A company may use the following forms:
- Exporter of merchandise
- Exporter of manufactured goods.
RCMC registration information may also be of interest to you:
- RCMC is obtained from the Export Promotion Council based on how the exporter’s business is organized. If you deal with coconuts, for instance, you will be governed by the Coconut Development Board
- It is possible to apply to the Federation of Indian Exporters Organization. If no such council exists, you can apply to the Federation of Indian Exporters Organization.
- Further, exporters who are not registered with any EPC or whose line of business has not yet been established may obtain RCMC from FIEO if they don’t have a registered EPC or if their line of business has not yet been verified.
- The RCMC is available from Shellac and Forest Products Export Promotion Council to multi-product exporters with a head office or registered office in the north-eastern states, except for products handled by APEDA, Spices Board, and Tea Board.
- The state of Jammu and Kashmir is authorized to issue membership certificates to exporters of handicrafts and handloom products.
Which Export Promotion Council (EPC) Should We Register With?
India has nine commodity boards and 26 export promotion councils. India’s Export Promotion Councils (EPCs) and Commodities Board issue RCMCs. These institutions can issue RCMCs to specific exporters with the approval of the central government.
India’s Export Promotion Councils and Commodity Boards are divided into classes based on the product lines they promote. In addition, the exporter may apply for RCMC from FIEO if his product line does not fit into the class.
- Registrants are required to submit quarterly reports and details of their exports of various commodities
- FIEO requires that registered exporters submit quarterly reports in the format specified by the organization.
Requirements For Documentation
To obtain an RCMC certificate, you will need the following documents :
- RCMC certificate application form must be completed and signed
- The regional licensing authority should issue a self-certified copy of the IEC number
- The authority should be self-certified and provide a PAN number
- Fees are paid by DD or check payable at branches of the Services Export Promotion Council
- Corporate, limited, institutional, and limited companies must have a certified memorandum of association
- For trusts, institutions, and corporations, a copy of the trust deed that has been self-certified
- Certificates of change of registered office from the Registrar of Companies
- The Chartered Accountant of the company must certify the company’s exports of services over the past three years
- When the name of the signature authority is not included in the company/firm/IEC/MOA/partnership trust deed/trust deed, a copy of the board resolution or power of attorney must be submitted.
- Certificate of self-certification for GST registration.
- When applying for RCMC, it is important for an exporter to understand the source of his business and its nature. The industry decides whether the application will be accepted. You must comply with the Coconut Development Board if you own a coconut business.
- Anyhow, a person does not correspond to any of the listed export promotion councils. In such cases, he or she can directly contact the Federation of Indian Exporters Organisation.
- For multi-product exporters who are not yet registered or uncertain about their business streams, FIEO offers RCMC.
- Shellac and Forest Product Export Promotion can grant RCMC to multi-product exporters in north-eastern states unless they export products regulated by APEDA, the Spices Board, or the Tea Board.
- Exporters of handloom and handicraft products from Jammu and Kashmir can apply for RCMCs.
Export Promotion Council Registration Of CMC
India has 26 export promotion councils and nine commodity boards. RCMCs are issued by the Export Promotion Councils (EPCs) and the Commodities Board.
The central government has authorized these institutions to issue RCMCs. There are different types of commodity boards for EPCs and EPCs in India. Those exporters whose products do not fall into one of the categories must apply for RCMC from FIEO.
The Registering Authorities
In the DGFT, a registering authority is designated to issue RCMCs to importers and exporters. Appendix-2T provides the list of notified registering authorities.
RCMCs are valid from 1 April of the licensing year in which they are issued, and are valid for five years, ending on 31 March of the licensing year.