GST has been adopted by so many companies. However, a lot of them have not yet registered under it. The GST number is used to identify a business entity. It is a 15-character number that is unique for each GST-registered taxpayer. GST Law enrollment necessitates obtaining a unique GST number from the appropriate tax authority in order to collect taxes for the government and claim tax credits for input tax paid on inbound supplies.
In this article, we’ll explain how to register an OPC for GST.
The One Person Company (OPC) concept was created in the Companies Act of 2013. The minimum number of directors and members in a private company is two. In contrast, a company with public stock must have a minimum of three directors and seven members. Prior to this, one person could not incorporate. OPCs are businesses run by one individual.
Before the law was implemented in 2013, a single person could not form a company. If such a person wanted to start his own company, he could not do so. They could only do so as a sole proprietorship since company formation requires at least two members and two directors. In the Company’s Act 2013, Section 2(62) provides that a business can be formed with just one director and member. The regulations for public corporations are slightly fewer than those for private corporations.
In accordance with the Companies Act of 2013, a company can be formed by one member and one director. One individual can be both the director and the member. An individual may establish a one-person company either as a local resident or as an NRI if he/she wants a business that combines the advantages of a corporation with that of a sole proprietorship.
The following documents are required for OPC GST registration:
GST registration online applications must include the following documents:
- Copy of the PAN card of the company
- Certificate of incorporation
- Articles of Association/Memorandum of Association
- PAN cards, photographs, and Aadhar cards of all directors
- Copy of the canceled check or the bank statement with bank details
- Certificate of appointment of authorized signatory-letter of authority
- Providing proof of addresses for the primary and secondary places of business
- Copy of the electric bill/landline bill/water bill/municipal khata copy/property tax receipt from your own office
- A no-objection certificate (NOC) from the landlord is required for rented offices.
GST Registration for OPC:
Companies, firms, or individuals that buy, sell, or perform services must register under the GST (Goods and Services Tax) to receive input tax credits. GST registration can also be done online at www.gst.gov.in, where a Temporary Reference Number (TRN) is generated for each application.
- Access the GST online portal.
- Part-A of the form must be filled out: PAN, mobile number, e-mail
- By e-mail or OTP, the portal verifies your details
- Documents must be uploaded
- Use the received number to access and complete part B
- You will receive an application reference number (ARN)
- As soon as the GST officer receives your documents, they will begin verifying them
- You will be notified within seven working days whether your application was rejected or accepted
- If additional proofs or clarifications are needed, please provide them.
- Following all clarifications, you will be assigned the GSTN number.
OPC Registration Timelines
In one day, you can obtain the DSC and DIN proposed directors. It takes the OPC 3-5 days to issue a Certificate of Incorporation. The process of incorporating an OPC takes about ten days, regarding departmental acceptance and reverting from the relevant department.
Make sure you get it right by contacting the experts at Vakilsearch.