- Cover letter: This is a letter that requests society registration under the law. It should be signed by all the founding members of the society.
- Memorandum of Association: This is a document that sets out the aims and objectives of the society, as well as the rules and regulations that will govern its operation. It should be drafted in accordance with the provisions of the Societies Registration Act, 1860.
- Rules and Regulations: These are the day-to-day operating procedures of the society. They should include details on the election of office bearers, the conduct of meetings, and the management of finances.
- List of members: This is a list of all the members of the society, including their names, addresses, and contact information.
- Affidavits of the office bearers: These are affidavits from the office bearers of the society, stating that they are aware of the provisions of the Societies Registration Act, 1860, and that they will abide by the rules and regulations of the society.
The following document types are also required in some cases:
- Proof of identity: This could be a passport, driving license, or voter ID card.
- Proof of address: This could be a utility bill, bank statement, or rental agreement.
- PAN card: This is a unique identification number issued by the Income Tax Department.