Due to an increase in health hazards and food product adulteration in recent years, food laws have become increasingly important. Several laws and regulations regarding hygiene and safety have been established by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India. In this manner, food establishments are assured that their food supply is safe and high-quality.
Registering for an FSSAI food license online is one of the most important steps in opening a restaurant in India. For food enterprises, certificate delays have a number of negative outcomes, so it is important to get licenses as quickly as possible and minimize delays.
Why is the FSSAI Food License important?
An FSSAI Food license is a requirement for any food establishment for a variety of reasons. Here are a few of them:
- FSSAI regulations inform consumers about the safety and standard requirements.
- Offers high-quality assurances about the items available and the services provided by restaurants.
- Ensure that the business of the restaurant is not entangled in any legal problems.
- This regulation may allow the expansion of restaurants depending on what license the business receives.
How to Avoid Delays in Obtaining a Food License
In terms of policy compliance, the FSSAI Food License helps to ease the business’s operations. Many factors may contribute to the delay in obtaining an FSSAI Food License from the concerned authorities. To avoid a delay in getting an FSSAI Food License, you should follow the following techniques:
- In order to obtain a food license, one must choose the right kind of business.
- Products must also be classified according to their types. This can be done easily by connecting to the authorities’ website.
- A complete and accurate set of documents must be provided by the applicant.
- You must determine whether you need a state or central license for your business according to its type.
- Applicants must be prepared for an inspection of their food businesses.
- Applicants should understand the requirements for obtaining a food business license.
- Treasury heads and payment methods should be familiar to the applicant.
- Supervisory responsibility for production must be assigned to one technical expert by the applicant. If he wants to become a food scientist, he needs to get a science degree or diploma.
- Someone must be named as the person responsible for enforcing the terms of the license.
- The applicant must respond within 30 days to any questions or requests for information from the authorities. In the absence of a timely response, the authorities will reject the application.
- A person who is not responded to by the licensing authority should write to the food commissioner.
- The applicant should request a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the central authority of groundwater if he will be extracting groundwater to run his food company.
What steps has the government taken?
The Joint Director (RCD) of the FSSAI proposed measures to reduce registration delays in a letter dated May 24, 2019. In order to have licenses issued, the government has set deadlines. Some of these laws were:
- The licensing authority will issue the registration certificate on the 8th day if it has not responded to the application by the 7th day.
- In addition, if the license is not granted within 60 days, it must be granted by the 61st day after the application was filed.
- In the event that the Designated Officer leaves the FSSAI License unresolved until the 75th day, the authorities will grant the FSSAI License on the 76th day.
- The Food Business Operator’s application will be considered denied on the 31st day if he has not responded within 30 days to the Licensing Authority’s questions.
Delays in the issuance of FSSAI licenses can cause major problems for food businesses. In order to operate efficiently, it must be issued on time.