What are the documents required for filing ITR?
Online filing, also known as e-filing, allows one to file returns from the comfort of one’s home or office and at a very short notice.
Make sure to have all the relevant documents handy before you start your e-filing process.
- Passbooks for bank and post office savings accounts, PPF accounts
- PAN card, Aadhar card
The TDS certificate issued by your employer explains the salary paid to you and the amount of TDS deducted.
should be used when TDS is being deducted from payments other than salaries, such as interest from fixed deposits, recurring deposits, and so on.
showing the TDS deducted on the amount paid to you by a buyer after you sold them a property
can be requested from your tenant to provide the details of any taxes deducted from the rent you receive
- The Form 26AS
- is your consolidated annual tax statement. It has all the information on taxes deposited against your PAN
- Employer-deducted TDS
- TDS deducted by banks
- TDS deducted by organizations
- Advance taxes deposited by you
- Self-assessment taxes paid by you
- Tax-saving investment proofs
- Proofs to claim deductions from sections 80D to 80U
- Home loan statement from the bank
Your income and taxability should be disclosed to the Income Tax Department to prevent any blocks to your financial competency. The next step is to ensure that you complete the ITR file every year by the deadline, whether you are required to do so or not.