Weddings are nowadays seen as being a very expensive affair, with people spending a lot of money on them. In addition to the pre- and post-wedding photo shoots, the couple will also have a photo shoot right after the wedding so that they can capture the moments after the wedding. In spite of all the wedding celebrations, it is very important for newlyweds to make and take the time to make and take the time to officially register their marriage in order to make it legally binding. This can be achieved by simply registering your marriage online and obtaining a copy of the certificate as easily as possible after completing the registration process.
The marriage certificate serves not only as a declaration that two people got married, but also as a basis for all sorts of documents for the couple, such as partner visas, passport additions to include spouses, bank accounts, Aadhaar cards, changing maiden names, and claiming insurance benefits.
The documents required to register a marriage
- The proof of address is required in order to proceed
- You will need to provide proof of your age to the authorities
- There is a prescribed format for affidavits that should be followed
- The photographs of individuals
- An official certificate from a priest attesting to this
- An image of a wedding that was taken
- An invitation card for the wedding
- During a marriage ceremony, a church certificate as well as a dispatch number is required in accordance with the Christian Marriage Act.
- It is required that at least two witnesses provide proof of residency and valid identification
Online Registration of Marriage Certificates in Tamil Nadu
- As part of the registration process for a marriage certificate in Tamil Nadu, the first step is to locate the local office of the registrar or sub-registrar.
- Applicants can also use the Internet to search online for offices that match their qualifications and apply for them.
- The registrar also determined the price of the wedding based on the jurisdiction in which the ceremony took place as well as the number of guests present at the actual ceremony.
- You can complete the application process either offline or online, depending on your preference.
- As soon as the application has been submitted, the registrar should be contacted.
- The registrar will verify any documents submitted or uploaded as soon as they are received, in the event that documents are submitted or uploaded.
- The certificate was issued following the successful completion of the verification process.
- It is necessary to pay a registration fee of Rs 100 in order to register.
- Upon submitting your application, your certificates will be issued within 30 days of receiving it, and it is your responsibility to collect them within that timeframe.
Registering marriages and court marriages in India