A Registration Cum Membership Certificate is a Registered Cum Membership Certificate. An RCMC certificate is awarded by the government of India to those who meet the eligibility requirements and apply for it. Applicants who wish to apply for jobs in India must have this document.
Traders, business people, and industrialists can apply for the registration-cum-membership certificate. This certificate is proof of a business’s registration with the chamber of commerce as well as its membership. The holder of this document can access government schemes and subsidies, export and import goods, and more.
Who Is Required to Have RCMC?
Anyone applying for any of the following:
- Authorization to import/export restricted items, or to apply for a benefit under foreign trade policy, such as duty drawback or duty credit schemes.
- Spices Board’s Certificate of Registration as an Exporter of Spices (CRES) shall be treated as RCMC, and no other RCMC shall be using it with other Export Promotion Councils (EPC).
How to Apply For RCMC
The EPC requires the company to submit applications with the Export Promotion Council. You can register under two categories using form ANF 2C:
- Merchant exporter
- Manufacturing exporter
RCMC registration information may also be helpful to you:
- According to the nature of the exporter’s business, he must obtain RCMC from the Export Promotion Council in India. If you deal with coconuts, you will be governed by the Coconut Development Board
- or you can contact the Federation of Indian Exporters Organization. Unless you are covered by a council listed above, you can contact the Federation of Indian Exporters Organization.
- Further, if a multi-product exporter is not registered with any EPC, or if its line of business has not yet been established, the exporter can obtain RCMC from FIEO
- An RCMC may be obtained from Shellac and Forest Products Export Promotion Council for multi-product exporters with their registered or head office in the north-eastern states, except for products handled by APEDA, Spices Board, and Tea Board.
- The state of Jammu and Kashmir is authorized to issue registration or membership certificates for exporters of handicrafts and handloom products.
Which Export Promotion Council (EPC) Do We Need to Register With?
India has 26 export promotion councils and nine commodity boards. In India, the RCMC is issued by the Export Promotion Councils (EPC) and the Commodities Board. These institutions have been given the authority to issue RCMCs to specific exporters.
India’s Export Promotion Councils and Commodity Boards are divided into classes according to the products they promote. The exporter may also apply for RCMC from the FIEO if his product line does not fall within the class.
Compliances Under RCMC
- Every exporter is required to submit a quarterly return and details of his or her exports of various commodities to the registering authority
- If an exporter is registered with FIEO, he must also submit quarterly reports in the format specified by FIEO.
Documents Required For RCMC
The following documents are essential to get an RCMC certificate :
- The RCMC certificate application form should be duly completed and signed
- The respective regional license authority should issue a self-certified copy of the IEC number
- A pan number copy of authority should be provided as a self-certified copy
- The services Export Promotion Council membership fee is paid in DD in New Delhi or by cheque payable at branches by remitting the membership fee
- Certified copy of the firm’s memorandum of association for corporate/private limited/institutional/limited company
- Copy of the trust deed that has been self-certified for trusts/ institutions/corporations
- A certified copy of the certificate issued by the Registrar of Companies regarding the company’s registered office change
- The last three years of services export data for foreign exchange earnings must be certified by the company’s Chartered Accountant
- If the name of the signature authority isn’t mentioned in the company’s/firm’s/IEC/MOA/partnership trust’s deed/trust deed, a self-certified copy of the board resolution or power of attorney issued in favor of the signing authority is required
- Copy of GST registration certificate that has been self-certified.
Guidelines For Registration RCMC Certificate
- While applying for RCMC, an exporter must understand the nature and source of their business. Each application is evaluated according to its industry. As an example, you own a coconut business, so you must comply with the Coconut Development Board.
- Anyhow, a person is not associated with any of the listed export promotion councils. In such cases, he or she may directly contact the Federation of Indian Exporters Organisation.
- RCMC can be acquired from FIEO by exporters of multi-products who are not yet registered or not certain about their business streams.
- For multi-product exporters with offices in the northeastern states, RCMC can be obtained from Shellac and the Forest Product Export Promotion Council unless the products are regulated by APEDA, the Spices Board, or the Tea Board.
- RCMC can be issued to exporters of handicrafts and handlooms from the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
It is issued by the Export Promotion Council.
There are 26 Export Promotion Councils and nine commodity boards in India. Commodities Board and Export Promotion Councils (EPC) are responsible for issuing RCMCs.
These institutions have been authorized by the central government to issue RCMCs to exporters. The EPC and commodities boards in India categorize themselves according to the type of products they offer. FIEO must approve RCMC applications for exporters whose products do not fall into one of the categories.
The DGFT has designated a body to register importers and exporters as members by issuing RCMCs. A list of notified registering authorities can be found in Appendix-2T.
Validity of RCMC
RCMCs are valid for five years, beginning on 01 April of the licensing year in which they are issued. They expire on 31 March of the licensing year.