The trade permit is the certificate or document that gives the person who wants to start a business the right to start a certain business or trade in a certain area or location. However, the holder cannot use it for any other business or trade than what you intended. Additionally, the license holder does not acquire any form of ownership over the property. Today, we will examine the requirements and procedure for obtaining a Trade License in Maharashtra.
Why is a Trade License Required?
Trade licenses have been established across the nation for the past forty years and are governed by state governments’ municipal corporation legislation. This ensures that neither health hazards nor commercial or trade nuisances affect anyone. The state’s authority mandates that a particular trade or business be run in a particular area and that no unethical business practices be committed.
With this license, residents of the area where the business will operate can rest assured that all businesses are following all applicable safety and regulatory guidelines. The license was issued so that the government could regulate the country’s various trade activities. The primary objective of issuing such a license is to regulate the location by preventing certain types of businesses from being run from home to ensure the safety of the local and business environments.
The Types of Trade Licenses Given by BMC
The following are the six types of trade licenses that can be granted by the city corporation:
Any kind of business can’t be opened in the city without a shop and establishment certificate. It is thought to be the standard permit for any kind of business in the city.
In addition to obtaining a license for trade through the department that licenses, BMC applicants must also obtain the necessary permits from the respective departments. The certificate must be displayed in the establishment.
* Shops that are related to food and beverages.
* Shops that sell medicines.
* For instance, a no-objection permit issued by the Mumbai Fire Brigade entitles the Health department at the BMC to issue a license for bars, restaurants, or liquor sales.
* In addition, selling drugs necessitates registration with the department of food and drugs.
What paperwork is required to acquire a trade permit and register in Maharashtra?
The person applying online makes a request for a trade license. Sending the following documents to the appropriate municipal authorities is all that is required:
* Aadhar is required if the applicant is an individual candidate.
* The most recent municipal property tax receipts. Lease documents or permission letters from the owner.
* NOC from the neighbor in close proximity.
* Katha extracts Katha Certificate
Who is in charge of issuing the registration trade license in Maharashtra?
The format for the application must be followed.
The applicant’s PAN card and incorporation certificate demonstrate that the applicant is any firm/LLP of the Company.
In Maharashtra, various divisions of the local corporation, such as engineering, industries, and health, can issue trade licenses. The procedure for granting the license varies from state to state and is determined by the local government agencies of each state.
Even if the person applying for registration is unable to fulfill the license to trade registration requirements, many rules, regulations, and laws must be followed by those registered. Before you can begin any kind of business, you have to get the license. Legal issues may arise for the non-payer.
Benefits of Having a Trade License in Maharashtra
* It helps to improve the company’s image and attracts customers and investors.
* If you hold either a business license or a trade license, you will be legally entitled to the privilege of promoting that you have it.
* If an injury or damage was caused by the company or its actions, your personal finances are not at risk in any settlement. Using this method, you will be able to determine the company’s profits and losses. Being a licensed business may grant you access to certain groups that you would not be permitted to join or join under your own name.
Eligibility Requirements for a Trade License in Maharashtra
* A business must be legal;
* The applicant is not allowed to have any criminal case and should be above 18.
The documents required to obtain a Trade License must be submitted in accordance with BBMP.
Businesses like the best business bureaus, investment groups, and other organizations geared toward businesses cannot allow you to join if the business is not licensed.
Candidates must submit an application and all required documents to the appropriate Municipal Corporation in order to obtain a trade license.
Depending on the business’s niche, a variety of documents must be submitted.
Trade License Fee in Maharashtra
Each state has a different fee for obtaining an internet trade license. If the applicant is a firm, LLP, or Company, the PAN card, along with the certificate of incorporation, must be submitted in the prescribed form. If the applicant is new, their Aadhaar Card is required.The same is decided on the basis of that state’s laws and regulations.In some states, the cost is assessed annually.In contrast, the proportion of annual firm turnover is used in other states to determine and evaluate the same thing. Keep in mind that some governments have excluded particular departments from obtaining a online Trade License.
What Happens If the Maharashtra Government Denies an Application?
Within ten days of receiving the application, the government must either approve it or reject it. Also, suppose a city or state authority denies an application for reasons related to compliance or documentation issues.
The applicant has the option of submitting a second license application in that circumstance. In addition, the number of times a person can apply for a trader’s license in a city or state is unlimited.